CHESNO wants honest answers about income from deputies
On Monday 9 April the civic movement “CHESNO”will be sending 450 current MPs information requests asking for declarations regarding property; income; expenditure and financial commitments in 2011.
The activists want in this way to check whether the declared income and property corresponds to the actual style of life of the deputies.
The information requests are being sent as part of a civic audit by CHESNO together with analysts from the Committee of Voters of Ukraine.
They want to ascertain whether deputies and candidates for such posts comply with 6 core democratic values:
- No infringements of human rights and civil liberties;
- Unwavering political position corresponding to the will of the voters;
- No involvement in corrupt activities;
- Transparency of declared income and property and their correspondence to the person’s lifestyle;
- Personal voting in parliament;
- Participation in parliamentary sessions and the work of parliamentary committees.
The action will be held outside Post Office No. 1 at 20 Khreshchatyk St on 9 April at 10.00.