SOS! Save the civilian population in Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel!
Hostilities are raging in Bucha, Irpin, Hostomel and the neigbouring villages near Kyiv. They are partially occupied by the Russian troops and there is no access to them. The civilians are left there with threats to lives.
Almost all the time people are staying in basements, without electricity, heat, and the ability to replenish food, water or medicine. They are often unable to return to their homes because they have been destroyed by shelling or bombing. It is impossible to help those who are trapped under the rubble, injured and in need of immediate medical care.
The State Emergency Service of Ukraine reports that as of March 7, 2022, 8 am approximately 4 thousand 400 persons are in need of evacuation according to the requests of the local residents in the Bucha district. The residents are located in protective structures, basements of residential buildings, facilities, country houses and trapped under the rubble.
Bucha joint territorial community. More than 1 thousand 200 persons, among them:
- 450 persons in the town of Bucha. At 9 Nekrasova str. and in the basement of the lyceum, Vokzalna str. people are trapped under the rubble and are not able to get out on their own;
- The urban village of Vorzel, more than 700 persons;
- The rest of the people are located in the villages of Babyntsi, Rakivka, Ozerne, Myrotske, Blystavytsya, Lisova Bucha.
Irpin territorial community, more than 850 persons, among them:
- The city of Irpin, more than 800 persons. At 106 and 124 Mechnykova str. people are trapped under the rubble and are not able to get out on their own.
- The village Mykhailivska Rubezhivka, more than 50 persons.
The urban village of Hostomel, 800 persons, including at 28 Franka str., 8-A Zhyvopysnyi lane, 3-D Svyatopokrovska str., 3-D and 3-G Nova str. people are trapped under the rubble and are not able to get out on their own.
Borodyanska joint territorial community, more than 800 persons, among them:
- The urban village of Borodyanka, more than 710 persons. At 359, 326 and 371 Tsentralna str. people are trapped under the rubble and are not able to get out on their own;
- The rest of the people are located in the villages of Shybene, Nove Zalissya, Krasnyi Rih.
Makarivska territorial community, more than 600 persons.
- In the urban village of Makariv, more than 150 persons. At 32 Heroyiv Krut str. people are trapped under the rubble and are not able to get out on their own.
- The village of Mykolayivka, more than 410 persons;
- The rest of the people are located in the villages of Kolonshyna, Kopyliv, Severynivka, Berezivka, Plakhtyanka, Chervona Hirka, Havronshyna.
Nemishayivska territorial community, more than 65 persons (the villages of Nemishayevo, Mykulychi, Poroskoten, Klavdiyevo-Tarasove).
Dmytrivska territorial community, more than 30 persons (the villages of Myla, Hurivshyna).
To save people, it is necessary to cease hostilities in the area, create humanitarian corridors, allow rescuers to provide help and remove all victims.
Unfortunately, the Russian occupiers are deliberately hiding behind the residents of these settlements, making them hostages and using them as human shields.
We call on the international community, NATO leadership, world leaders, the International Committee of the Red Cross, and anyone who can influence and urge the aggressor state to provide the civilians with the possibility to evacuate from these settlements to safer locations and to prevent a humanitarian catastrophe and new human casualties in this war unleashed by Russia.
Kharkiv Human Rights Protection Group
Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union
ZMINA Human Rights Center
Social Action Center
Regional Center for Human Rights
Human Rights Vector
Center for Civil Liberties
Public Alternative HOF
СF "Human and Law"
Open Dialogue Foundation
PO Blue Bird
Ukrainian Institute for Human Rights